Blackvue DR500 VS Blackvue DR600 / DR650 1CH
Blackvue DR500 supports upto 32GB memory card while Blackvue DR600 & DR650 support upto 64 & 128gb memory card respectively.
Blackvue DR500 is equipped with 2 mega pixel camera while Blackvue DR650 1CH is equipped with 2.4 mega pixel camera with difference of only 0.4 mega pixel from Blackvue DR500.
Crystal Clear Recording
High quality 1080P Full HD resolution at 30 frames per second provides smooth recording with license plate recognition. The user can also choose to increase their cameras bit rate up to 10mb/s to increase video quality.
The previous model by Pittasoft, DR400G-HD also used Full HD but with a smaller viewing angle.
The new BlackVue DR500GW is a world first in-car camera system for your car that incorporates MAC compatible software and WiFi to connect to a smartphone or tablet device for easy viewing.
Signal: Approx 15 meters
Supported Devices: Android, IOS .
Optional Voice On/Off
Turning off the audio recording is easy, with an easy to use side light sensor which turns off audio when the user needs to. Simply re-touch the light sensor to turn audio recording back on.
PC Viewing Software
The BlackVue viewing software for can be accessed by inserting the cameras SD card into a PC. The user software enables the user to check footage, change the time zone,
adjust user options, playback footage at slow motion and more.
H.264 was developed to provide high-quality video at a much lower bit rate than standard MPEG-4 or JPEG.
As a result, H.264 compression represents a significant benefit to security camera operations, offering enhanced images with reduced bandwidth and memory consumption.
Please note all videos are recorded in MP4 format.
Wide Viewing Angle
Blackvue DR500 has 156 degree wide viewing angle which makes it possible for this car camera to take images and videos like real.
Blackve DR500 can support upto 32gb memory capacity which enables longer and stable videos. Loop recording over writes old files with new ones when memory is full.
Blackvue DR500 has 360 Rotational body recording various directions. Please note this car camera doesn’t have auto flip feature. Image will be upside down if camera is rotated.
Blackvue DR500 car camera has Sirf III High Sensor GPS Engine Module for high accuracy.
It has motion sensitive sensor which activates recording when movement is detected during parking mode. Motion sensor helps to save/reduced memory usage and car battery usage.
Dr500 has built-in G Sensor which detects any impact or shock. Event recording for sudden impacts starts when G sensor detects any shock and files are stored in emergency recording section to avoid loss of that footage.
This car camera can be used as surveillance camera using PCU (Optional) - Requires Power Control Unit (eg power magic, Lukas LK290 or Lukas LK530) .
Built-in Mic and Speaker
High quality Microphone helps record audio in car and announcement for camera nd its status update can be heard from built-in Speaker .
Memory Card Formating
Format memory card with the touch of a button without computer.
App & Software
BlackVue App can be downloaded from android market or Apple store and PC Software MyWay Viewer can be used to view recorded footage.
Blackvue DR500 supports 3 different recording modes. Normal Mode for normal recording , Event Mode (G-Sensor) for emergency recording when G sensor detects any impact or shock and Parking mode when car is parked. You may need Power control unit like power magic for this camera to use in Parking mode.
Internal Emergency Power
Blackvue DR500 has internal builtin battery to be used in emergency. It helps to save data in case blackvue looses power suddenly. Please note this built-in battery can not be used for portable recordings.
Blackvue PC Software Features
- Video, Audio and G-sensor playback
- Video Zoom, image invert and image correction
- Search and Playback
- Playback speed adjustable 0.1 - 2.0x
- Digital Zoom adjustable 0.5 - 3.0x
- File saving - screen grab, export and print.
- Video Conversion to AV
- Audio recording on/off
- G-Sensor Trigger Level programmable
- Image Resolution Full HD 1920X1080 or HD 1280X720 or DI 720X480
- Image Quality, High, Normal, Low
- Frame Rate, 30, 15, 10 frames per second
- Memory storage overwrite On/0ff
- Alarm Volume
- Record file units settable in minutes, 10, 5, 3, 2, 1
- Event/Parking units settable in minutes, 3, 2, 1
- Time Zone Setting
|Country Of Manufacture||South Korea|
|Recording Mode||Auto (Mode Change), Manual / Emergency, Parking Mode, Event Recording|
Great After update Review by Sparky
The only reason and complaint I have and why I am not giving the camera a 5 start review is due to the fact it is so hard to get the angle right so the imagine is not blocky and for the price i would expect the image to be perfect.
Glad I never paid full price for it but for this the camera is great being so compact you don't even notice it is there. I have mine behind my rear view mirror and it gives me no bother. (Posted on 4/12/2014)
Smashing Car Camera Review by WkMason
What a good camera. I am a driving instructor who uses the DR500GW as a teaching aid as well asfor security and for insurance purposes. The WiFi connects well with my iPad but not so well with my Android phone. The software which you download to your computer and the Blackvue App you download from AppStore and Google Play are easy to use. Overall not a bad bit of kit. (Posted on 4/3/2014)
Blackvue DR500GW Review by Marineman
This is a very complex and extremely useful device. Its operation is superb but positional setup is not easy. Looking too high and the picture is dark, looking too low and the picture is bright. The setup in basic for the brightness does not compensate for this. Trial and error sorts it out. However the recorded video in HD is excellent. (Posted on 2/12/2014)
Delivery & Returns
- Please allow 5-7 working days for a dashcam or dashcam accessory to arrive at your delivery address. You might receive items earlier than this depending on your location and your payment method.
- If you cancel your order after dashcams or dashcams accessory have been dispatched, You may be liable for any expenses inured in the ordering / shipping or other process involved in obtaining your dashcam or its accessory.
- For damaged or Faulty dashcams, DashCamsOnly will provide a replacement dashcam as soon as possible after the faulty goods have been returned and confirmed as faulty.
- Please carefully check specification and compatibility with your requirements prior to ordering. We cannot be held liable for products that are not compatible with your vehicle or other accessories.
- Descriptions and specifications of products shown on our website are taken directly from information supplied by manufacturers. Products are supplied as named and described. Where a product description is accompanied by an illustration of the packaging or product itself, that illustration is for illustrative purposes only and may not look absolutely identical to the product to be supplied.
Special Price A$389.00